Sunday, December 8, 2013

Teaching English With Technology


While searching for different technologies that should be, would be, or have been used in the English classroom, I came across a fabulous website called Teaching English With Technology. This is a fantastic resource that all English Education Teachers should know, and also share with their students. While looking around on the website, not only did I find many resources, and links to go along with them, but above all the sources and link, it gives a description as to why you should use this type of technology. For example, there were citing help, lessons and activities, and multimedia help. It honestly is a fantastic website for a teacher or a student.
I remember when I was in high school, in the beginning of the year, the teachers would outline their syllabus and explain briefly about a research paper, and list some of the databases we should use. Then come the time of the research paper, they would throw us students to the sharks and we would be on our own for citing, databases, and research. This would always be extremely stressful because I would never know which database would be good or not. This website, Teaching English With Technology already has good databases listed, and good citing websites to help student do everything correctly.
As stated before, this is also a wonderful tool for teachers to use also. It gives different websites for English teachers to use that helps with lessons, interactive white boards, e books, and so much more. It really is a great resource to everyone in the English classroom. I am actually extremely happy that I stumbled upon such a wonderful and helpful website. Not only am I going to save it for future use as a teacher, but also I believe I will continue to use it during my college education. 

1 comment:

  1. The element that captured my attention the most, is that this website offers resources for citing! I have always had trouble with making citations, so it is awesome that you found a website that can give resources to help with different things like this! I think that this website will definitely help you in your future career as a teacher!

    ReplyDelete