Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Unit Plan Canvas



The lesson plan I choose for last week was called A Bad Case of Bullying: Using Literature Response Groups. It allowed students to reflect upon the reading picked out by the teacher, two books about bullying. Then it allowed the students to reflect upon the situations and personally connect with the emotions and circumstances that happened in the book, with their own lives. Along with connections, students are asked to discuss bully behavior, acceptable behavior, and how to avoid them.
            I must admit, this was not my favorite way of outlining a lesson plan. I was not a fan of this website. While it was easy to maneuver, I thought it was a little silly to go through all this work, when this topic will be discusses in class. For students, I think it would be difficult to keep their attention while making or looking at this website. There as so many ways to click on things and get side tracked, or accidently click on something that will erase everything that you completed…like I did.



1 comment:

  1. Amanda, I'm curious as to why you chose curriculum and standards for third graders, when your studying to teach at the high school level? P-3 and K-6 certification is a completely different set of programs and departments here at MSU. Your body of work (at least where this course is concerned) should target your ultimate subject and grade level. There is plenty to choose from in terms of the HIB (harassment, intimidation, and bullying) at the secondary level.

    ReplyDelete